MY SWEET FAMILY

MY SWEET FAMILY
spending time on the lake

Saturday, November 7, 2015

I'm obsessed

So I have long had an obsession with Planners.  I can think back to High School, my parents bought me a Franklin Covey planner and it hasn't stopped since then.  I can recall in College I was the worst planner slut on the planet, I would buy a planner use it for a month and then buy another one that was clearly an upgrade from the previous.

Now my current position has required that I stay with a planner for it's lifespan so I feel like I'm married to each planner when I buy it and this causes me to spend a considerable amount of time deciding just which planner to "walk down the aisle with." (pun completely intended!!) 

Back in May I was in a bit of a predicament, I bought a planner but didn't love it, bought another one and gave it away.  I couldn't commit, I knew I would be spending the next 12-13 months of my life with my choice and I couldn't do it. Sometimes I question how I ever got married.  So I decided I'd search for a DIY printable planner that I could fall in love with and download.  Pipe Dreams, that is all it was, I could not find what I wanted.  So I took to Photoshop and made my own.
current planner in action


Now I'm approaching December and I only made the planner above for June-December so I decided I would be proactive.  I would start early so I could search and research the hell out of planners until I found Mr. Right.  In my mind if I start early enough I will find what I want and I will commit, so far that is only in my mind.  I have spent numerous hours trying to figure out just what planner I'm going to spend 2016 with,  I got some help from Kayse Pratt after I read her post an Ultimate Planner Review.  I really love the Simplified Planner by Emily Ley but my frugal heart needed CPR after I saw the price.  This was the same problem I faced when starting to fall in love with the Erin Condren's Life Planner.  No matter how gorgeous these planners are I could not pull the trigger, I know a ton of work goes into these planners but I couldn't (at least right now) spend upwards of $50 on a planner.  I was also still caught between do I want a daily planner or weekly planner?  See told you I can't commit.  So I have once again gone to the drawing board using my trusty friend Photoshop and have designed one option in a few colors. I'll post them below and you can help your self to them.  I felt like I had to accomplish something so I went with a generic (in terms of the date) because I'm such a commitment failure I couldn't even commit to making them for the full year.  Sad Day Huh!

This is the magenta planner template, all colors are linked below for your downloading pleasure



These are designed to print on 8.5 x 11 size paper.

Please be kind, don't sell my work, I'm kind enough to share with you so just share with others by linking to this post or my blog.

No comments: